TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - It's a tough decision
People Seeking Info

Subject It's a tough decision

Posted by BlackholeZ on March 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 394 times.

In Reply To I need to either sell or fix my Z posted by Anath3ma on March 14, 2017 at 02:55 PM

Message You're not going to get 5k for a high miles NA that needs work. A buddy of mine just bought a 94 slicktop with 100k and really good condition for $4500.

As a student you really need to decide where your priorities are. I'm an experienced mechanic, and had been working on my Z for years before I went back to school. I've been able to tackle anything my Z threw at me easily. But I also had my Z running well when I started back in school.

What are your alternatives to driving? Can you walk/bike to campus or take a bus or shuttle? I've got lots of friends that rarely drive their cars because they live near campus and have gotten jobs on campus. Saving money on gas adds up quickly and can make getting those parts to fix your Z a lot easier.

Also, high mileage Zs are easy to come by. I was stupid and grabbed the first Z that I could get my hands on. I had several chances to cut and run, but I didn't. I'd have a much nicer Z today if I'd been smarter 11 years ago. (holy crap) My point here is, your Z isn't really anything special. It's very likely that you could sell it, buy a cheap honda to get you through school, and then find the right Z after you graduate.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.