TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: actually, he's from New Zealand
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: actually, he's from New Zealand

Posted by MikeC(NZ) on February 26, 2017 at 10:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 512 times.

In Reply To actually, he's from New Zealand posted by vorpalZ on February 26, 2017 at 09:50 PM

Message Hey don't tar all us Kiwis with the same brush.

The problem with that dyno run was his smallish turbos, they are unlikley to see the same benefit from larger intercooler piping.

I was also suprised when my street car (Fully built engine/GT28RS/Stillen intercoolers/dual 3" exhaust/larger throttle bodies) was fitted with CZ 2.5" intercooler piping and there was barely a detectable result and that was the only change at that time.

However My red race Zed has custom 2.5" intercooler piping set fitted way back in the early 90's before anyone else was doing it and that car went/still goes like a scalded cat.

But I remember ages ago when everyone said (including Speciality Z) that dual 3" inch exhaust was a waste of time and then they proved themselves wrong.

Of course in turbo cars less restriction and more flow means more power and some of the experts I talk to say you cant go to big....... so who knows.

Like everything it is the sum of all the parts and if there is a restriction then removing that must help.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.