TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - ZCOT Z32 display at Autorama
People Seeking Info

Subject ZCOT Z32 display at Autorama

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on February 20, 2017 at 8:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 1036 times.

Message ZCOT has been participating as a club in Autorama for like 20 years now. I've not been a part of it besides getting Greg's car through the line and in the door while he was a work 12 years ago... but my card was pulled this year to be part of the 6 car Z32 display this year. The club organizers try to pick cars that round out the theme and don't compete against each other. I got called for 'Production Road Racer' class with Z-Lab, not the Green Queen. That was a weird conversation. Z-Lab is a 11 year track car that doesn't exactly fit into the concept of Autorama...

Buy clay bar, polish and wax. Wash the car, remove the wheels, clean the wheel wells, etc. Do a bunch of DA work on the paint even though there are chips and rock dents abound.

Spent a few days working the car over to make it not look like a car that gets used but more like something I should be sitting behind in a parking lot with a bunch of other over-polished trailer queens. Probably a good thing overall since it hasn't had this sort of attention since it was 'white body' back in 2005. I went in expecting nothing and just doing this to support ZCOT's efforts.

We loaded in on Thursday morning for the show open on Friday afternoon.

Front left to rear right in the display:

Glen's ZCCA Gold Cup winner

Z-Lab

Ryan's Courtesy LS1 conversion

Warren's 17k mile '96

Lois' Commemorative '96 (black, don't have a solo pic of it!)

Edward's TT 'vert

Congrats to my fellow participants... All cars got either 1st-3rd trophies and the club brought home 2nd place for Club Display.

I was supposed to be solo in my class for the club, but Ryan's car got reclassified into mine, so we competed. He beat me on the judge's sheet because his doors were open and the judges were able to look at the interior in detail. Otherwise our sheets were identical. I got 3rd, he got 2nd and a completely show car '67 AC Cobra (that has probably never been on a track from the looks of it) got 1st.

and a nice sticker for the windshield

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.