TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I honestly think it is 6 one way, half a dozen another
People Seeking Info

Subject I honestly think it is 6 one way, half a dozen another

Posted by Zsgetyoulaid on November 08, 2016 at 5:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 337 times.

In Reply To I admit I've "upgraded" parts before they even got installed (n/m) posted by Ted (92TT) on November 05, 2016 at 09:35 PM

Message Even with a lot of cash to spend all at once, you still have wait times to contend with. While you buy all of your parts all at once, you still have to wait for the engine machining and assembly. You have wait lists to get on for things to get done. There are things that will need to be fixed that you wont know about until you get in there. Then youll find yourself spending a couple months having parts tracked down or specially built. In that time, youll still have new parts that become the previous generation that were the best available when you bought them. You simply have to realize this and determine what youre willing to live with and what really matters. For me, what really mattered was getting the car done properly. So I got the EDFC, but not the active EDFC. I got adjustable cam gears, but not the adjustable cam gears with VTC built in. Etc, etc.

If youre accruing a long parts list, I dont know that its unavoidable. Buy parts that *you* are happy with and align with your end goal, and youll be happy.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.