TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks for the welcome and pointers...
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks for the welcome and pointers...

Posted by mysticLegoZ on October 31, 2016 at 10:07 AM
  This message has been viewed 428 times.

In Reply To Welcome! posted by Polish on October 31, 2016 at 01:00 AM

Message Good to know ZCG is a well liked local shop. (And SZ seems like a great reason for a road trip, in addition to the fun factor itself.)

In terms of doing the work myself, my knowledge/skills are currently at the beginner level. A house is in the plan, but not for the first 6-12 months.

I am excited about spending time delving into the car culture. (Certainly a noticeably larger ratio of Teslas being driven here than on the East coast.)

Thanks, I may reach out for help with the 120k job. (A few relatives/friends may be able to lend garage space for a few days.) Tools for the 120k would need to be purchased. As of now, I only have some basic tools on hand (which were part of my cross country emergency kit).

For the oil change, I was worried about getting relatives/friends into trouble in terms of oil spillage and/or environmental issues. Guess it is a non-issue. In any case, for the first time ever, am scheduled to have the oil changed by someone else (ZCG). Maybe I can get back to doing it myself after this round.

Were you able to find a suitable replacement for your Z? Always hurts to see a Z get taken down permanently.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.