TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 99/00 Steering Wheel options
People Seeking Info

Subject 99/00 Steering Wheel options

Posted by Zeke21 on October 26, 2016 at 7:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 869 times.

In Reply To Re: (PIC REQUEST) 1999 Steering wheel posted by marklar182 on October 26, 2016 at 02:33 PM

Message You're probably looking for the Version R wheel. It had perforated leather and a Ferrari style red stitch. This wheel was actually available beginning in 97. For 99/00 models they continued using the wheel but with a new part number. 99/00 models also had a similar wheel without the red stitch found on their "300zx" trim models, instead the Ferrari stitch is in black/grey. This was Nissan's luxury trim model. Otherwise Version S trim 99 models got the same wheel as USDM.

The Version R wheel is NLA. Best you can do to get one is to find one used...if you can find it in decent shape. Otherwise you could try finding a company to try and re-wrap the wheel to look like it, although finding someone who can replicate the Ferrari stitch so the lines are straight is going to be very tough.

I found my Version R wheel used and recently picked up another used one to keep as a spare a year ago. I don't see them for sale very often. The last used one I saw sold for around $400 (it had some dings and scratches) and if it has the airbag on it it has to be shipped by boat not air. So it takes a while to get. The airbag on them does not work with the USDM system so its pointless to get but many sellers wont sell it without it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.