TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Any keyless entry experts out there?
People Seeking Info

Subject Any keyless entry experts out there?

Posted by ThatBlack300zx on October 12, 2016 at 8:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 1398 times.

Message 1995 300zx with factory keyless entry and fob
A recent power steering leak has gunked up my alternator, and thus it has been squeaking. So this past weekend I took the alternator out and cleaned it. However in the process of this the battery was disconnected, and I assume it wiped the remote id codes from the theft module.
I have been trying every way I can to reprogram my remote to no avail. Every part was working on the car before the alternator cleaning. So I'm 99% certain the theft module is fine and the antenna is as well. But I replaced the key fob battery anyway. The theft fuse under the hood is fine. The remote is sending out a signal(was working before). But I cannot get the car into programming mode to accept the remotes signal. I cannot get the car to flash the hazards to signal its in programming mode.
The method I've been using is:
Get in and lock doors
Insert and remove key from ignition 6+ times
Press lock button on remote
Unlock and open door

I've tried all sorts of variations of this, hatch opened, and hatch closed.

But I cannot get the car to enter programming mode.
The under hood theft fuses are fine
The antenna and theft module is fine
The remote is fine
The key reminder works when door is opened
All door, hatch, and hood switches all work, and the security light flashes when any are opened
The security light will stay on solid for 30 seconds when key is locked from outside
Driver and passenger lock solenoid is functioning flawlessly
Remote is the correct FCC ID for my car

I'm beyond stumped on this one, I've tried all different frequencies of inserting and removing the key, none are working.

I hear of a wire that may be broken going from the ignition to the theft module, anyone have any info on this?

The car is a 1995 300zx, 122k miles, bone stock.

Apologies for the long winded post, didn't want to leave anything out.
Any suggestions?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.