TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Adios Amigos
People Seeking Info

Subject Adios Amigos

Posted by Gordo 93TT Daytona on October 02, 2016 at 12:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 1944 times.

Message Well it’s been a fun ride; but the trail’s come to an end, and it’s finally over. As I write this entry the Z is in a trailer headed up to Syracuse NY.

I know I am going to miss the Z. But for the last few years it’s just sitting in the garage, getting treated like the proverbial queen. I realize now, the real fun was working on the car… doing all the projects and mods. Once I had it the way I wanted, all I did was change the oil and take her out to run through the gears once a week. Anyhow, we just bought a second BMW, and with the Jag roadster and the Z, it got me thinking about thinning the herd.

The final sale price was just under $19,000. Bring a Trailer (BAT) wouldn’t list it with a reserve greater than $13K. So I quit them and went over to EBay. The first listing was $21K or best offer… and there were no bites. But after it relisted for $19,500, there were a ton of bona fide offers. Within three days there were three solid bids. I actually took the second best offer. The amounts were so close that I selected the individual who I thought would take better care of the car. I almost made it a condition of the sale that he join TT.Net. Hopefully he will.

Anyhow, an old man’s got to spend his Social Security checks on something besides walkers and hearing aids. So I’ve got my heart set on a 2014 Jag XK Supercharged Coupe: 5.0 liters, 510 hp. I thought it would be a good compromise: They go faster than Jazzy scooters, and are easier to get into and out of than a Z-32. … And yes I’m still partial to silver.

So to all my friends here I want to say that owning a Z-32 as a member of TwinTurbo.net has been a truly rewarding experience. My heartfelt gratitude goes out to all you guys who, over the last 15 years, helped this sixties-era knuckle buster that got himself stuck in a time warp of carburetors and points learn to navigate his way through a world of data logging and fuel maps. I’m a long-time member on three other car forums. None of them come close to matching the camaraderie and technical knowledge so freely given here on TT.Net. You’re the best. Enjoy the Ride. Gordo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.