TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Build outline
People Seeking Info

Subject Build outline

Posted by Nathan_O on September 27, 2016 at 7:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 434 times.

In Reply To Turbo Identification help requested - TEC Stage I posted by Nathan_O on September 26, 2016 at 02:40 PM

Message Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm currently debating between the 2860 kit from ConceptZ, or going big to install the Borg Warner EFR 6258 turbos, using the amazing manifolds and installation kit that Adam Burghout put together a few years ago. Budgetary concerns favor the 2860 kit, but the EFR turbos are really new-tech, and sound like they spool really quickly and flow like a bigger turbo on the top end.

Fuel availability around here (Bend - Central Oregon) is awesome - a station with E85 and 110 octane race gas is just down the street. However, I plan to tune it to run properly on 91 octane - while most of the driving will be blasting around on local trips, the Pacific Highway calls and we must answer...

I don't plan on doing cams/headers/pistons, as my power goals aren't huge. If there are interior mods that could help with smoothing the ONSET of power, I'm more interested. It's already running a lightweight flywheel and UD pulley.

For now - new turbos (Disco Potato vs. zee Germans), manifolds/inlets/downpipes/resonated test pipes, refresh suspension, new brake lines and pads (stock brakes), new tires, clutch. I'm very interested in engine monitoring - are there any equivalents to the Torque Pro app that *don't* cost $2,000? I don't know enough about engine monitoring yet...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.