TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Turbo Identification help requested - TEC Stage I
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Turbo Identification help requested - TEC Stage I

Posted by Nathan_O on September 27, 2016 at 9:04 AM
  This message has been viewed 382 times.

In Reply To Turbo Identification help requested - TEC Stage I posted by Nathan_O on September 26, 2016 at 02:40 PM

Message Thanks everyone - that's super helpful.

I'm wanting to build the car back into a 450-500 hp daily (summer) driver, with the emphasis on a smooth power curve first, and then overall power.

It's currently using split intakes, stock internals and cams, 555 injectors, and a 2.5" catback exhaust. The (former) turbos have an HKS boost controller and gauge. JWT ECM. It has 18" wheels of some kind (thanks for the warning Antihero - I'll have to figure that out).

I'm wide open to considering bits for the build - I'm planning on downpipes and resonated testpipes, big brakes, suspension refresh (at least), and now I'll be getting new turbos for sure. I'm 6'5", so eventually I'll be wanting some racing seats bolted to the floor for more headroom.

Re: turbos - My emphasis on time-to-torque over max power. I'm corresponding with induetime re: his Borg Warner setup - a guy local to me uses those to build insane Volkswagens, and they look pretty awesome but $$$$. As I'm really new, I'm soaking up everyone's input.

Anyway, with a target of 450-500 hp on pump gas, I'd appreciate your recommendations re: turbos, and I guess I'll plan most of the build around that. I have a geek friend who's going to help with the computer side - anyone using the Android Torque app for anything more than just playing? :)

Thanks - I've heard this is a great community, and I'm loving the welcome.

-Nathan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.