TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Turbo Identification help requested - TEC Stage I
People Seeking Info

Subject Turbo Identification help requested - TEC Stage I

Posted by Nathan_O on September 26, 2016 at 2:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 646 times.

Message Greetings all -

I'm a newbie into the Z-world, and into cars in general, so I ask your patience. I've inherited my father-in-law's 1993 300zx TT, and I need help identifying the turbos (one is smoking, and the other has oil leaking into the downpipe).

The engine was built by Stillen in 2001 (stock longblock and internals I think), and the receipts from the build call the turbos "TEC STG 1". Stillen doesn't have information from back then (data loss in 2005?), but I was referred to the Facebook page of Turbo Engineering Corporation in Red Bluff, CA. They haven't responded - I'm not sure they're still in business. (Owner may have passed away?)

Anyway, I'm planning my restoration/improvement of the car, but I don't know what the turbos actually *are* - I believe they are OEM-sized shells, perhaps with ball-bearing internals? Re-badged JWT 530s? Does anyone recognize/remember what they might actually be? I've asked Stillen to do a little more research, and if they get back to me I'll post it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.