TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - what do you think of numbers?
People Seeking Info

Subject what do you think of numbers?

Posted by nissan300zxwork on September 21, 2016 at 8:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 831 times.

Message So awhile back i assembled a motor for a buddy. He puchased entire motor in peices and machine work already done. Tmr is a dyno tune to get air fuels and timing adjusted a bit from someone who tunes fd rx7s. Hes done 1 haltec z tune only before so i told him just be safe on timing cause we may have specialty z do tune in November if number not good. Z has nistune right now.

I just finished doing a compession test now that motor has alittle over 900 miles. Reeults are
1- 145
2- 141
3- 140
4- 140
5- 143
6- 140

This was my question cause those numbers are low but very close together. Test was done at WOT and engine not warmed up. (shouldve done hot)

The engine is fully built... Aftermarket rods and piston 1mm larger. Metal cosmetic HG. Ported heads with oversize valves and solid lifters. Custom cut cam (sure u guys remeber my posts are me breaking 1 of them). Vtc working now

I know metal gaskets would lower compession slightly and we dont know if he bought lower compession wiesco pistons vs oem compression. I wonder if i gapped the rings too much? I was reading about ring gap with boost and said to leave them alittle open but i really dont remember what i measured them to be. (assembled year ago).however zero smoke. No oil on plugs.

You guys think run into any issues from lower compression numbers? Other than having to throw more boost at it to make power.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.