TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Positive feedback for darkwithn and welcoming a new Z owner
People Seeking Info

Subject Positive feedback for darkwithn and welcoming a new Z owner

Posted by Dave N on August 30, 2016 at 1:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 1013 times.

Message and TT.net member to the family (alt title: "What I did during summer vacation"):

Hi all,

First off, I wanted to give feedback on a recent transaction with darkwithn. My son Curt (Zbraptorsdr) purchased his '90 TT just over a week ago and the transaction with Michael could not have been better. Michael (darkwithn) provided tons of pictures and info on the car and he was always available via phone/text/email for any questions that came up. We arrived on a Saturday morning and the car was nothing short of exactly as he described.

I think he still has some leftovers listed in the classifieds, and will gladly vouch for his honesty and fairness with the transaction.

Now that we had purchased the car, we had the pleasure of driving it back to CA which leads to the "What I did during summer vacation" part of this post. I won't steal too much of Curt's thunder as I'm sure he will want to post his own pics, but I am engaging the PDP clause (Proud Dad Privilege) to put up a couple of pics :-)

We tried to pack light, but still filled up the back hatch with our stuff plus a bunch of extras we got from Michael. We used the car cover to protect the interior panels from scratches):

After saying our goodbyes to Michael, we started to make our way West. We made a lunch stop after dropping the rental car back at the airport and were admiring the beauty of such a well-kept car from the restaurant window:

Due to travel delays, we didn't get headed west until mid-day Saturday (we planned to start driving Friday night). And between quite literally criss-crossing the state of TN all day on Saturday (return the rental car at the airport, stop and get the tires rebalanced, visit with relatives, etc...., we didn't cross into Arkansas until mid-morning on Sunday. We both needed to be back home by Monday night which meant we had to make up for lost time. This was going to put the car to the test with long driving periods. But the car was in such good condition that we had good reason to be optimistic we'd be home on time.

When not driving, I managed to take some pics of the scenery of AR and OK flying by, but it wasn't much to look at so I won't bother posting those. Given the tight schedule, our plan for Sunday was to get all the way to Albuquerque for our next overnight stop. On the way, we hit up Texas Roadhouse in Amarillo for dinner and grabbed a shot of the car (somewhere, I have a pic from 9 years ago when I trailered my Z cross-country and stopped at this same restaurant with my dad):

We made it to Albuquerque around 2:00 AM and stopped at a hotel to rest up. After a good sleep and a decent hotel breakfast, we hit the road around 9:30 Monday morning knowing we'd make it home to SoCal that night. All during this short trip we hadn't done any touristy things and figured this day would be our last opportunity. Curt spotted a mining museum sign and the exit for the museum happened to coincide with our next gas stop. We followed the directions and ended up in a small town called Grant, NM. The museum was interesting but short of any kind of wow factor that I had hoped for. But there's a nice Sante Fe caboose at an adjacent park that allowed me to get a pic of Curt and his car:

We continued on our way and took in some beautiful desert storms - thankfully we missed the heavy rains throughout this trip. We got to see some spectacular lightning just before the sun set. Here are some pics prior to that point but they fall short of the beautiful light show:

We continued on our way and got home late Monday night. The car never missed a beat and, thankfully, we never had to break out the tools for a roadside repair.

So all of this is to say congrats to my son Curt on the purchase of one of the best TT's I've come across. It's a wonderful opportunity to share this hobby with a family member and Curt is now a third-generation Z owner. How cool is that?

Thanks for reading.

Dave

This car is probably owned by a snowboarder.

Sig Quotes:

"I JUST saw your polls post" email from BigTDogg on March 24, 2009 in reference to this polls post from Jan 7, 2009.

"Your sausage scares me!" - TT-XTZ 6/13/05

"Or he's having a rough week like the rest of us and decided to take out his agressions of not being breast fed on me." BigTDogg 15:45, 09/25/03

"Pick her up from day care and take her to Dairy Queen for a snow cone." YugoBernie 1/7/04

of course those are canadian bannings and beatings, which after the conversion rate is really only a "hey! stop that!" Chris(NJ) 1/14/04

see the green "n" next to my name? what's COZ? (n/m) - 300zx88 8/11/04

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.