TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Space is a challenge
People Seeking Info

Subject Space is a challenge

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on August 27, 2016 at 2:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 332 times.

In Reply To Going to be very difficult to implement something like that posted by MixManMash on August 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Message And weight increase is not insignificant. I expect the supercharger to be about the same size as a Z32 starter or maybe alternator size, also with big cables to provide necessary amperage.

The battery would have to go in the back. People do that switcharoo already for aesthetics alone and the existing alternator would have to be incorporated into the charging system for the 48V battery. That requires some electrical expertise beyond what most car guys know... but not much.

I think the single biggest challenge is actually the twin turbo setup of the VG, because without going back to the T-duct intake it would require managing 2 smaller superchargers as well. Right-sized e-superchargers won't be available in a small production car for quite some time.

There are other ways around this. It's not simple for sure, but IMHO it's the single biggest upgrade affecting all around power and drive-ability relative to a modern car.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.