TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - StopTech 14" BBK Install
People Seeking Info

Subject StopTech 14" BBK Install

Posted by dfenton2 on August 25, 2016 at 10:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 1099 times.

Message I was recently in contact with CZP for their StopTech 355mm 350z BBK group buy. skeptical of if it was going to fit on a z32 i sent out a few emails to Rob (Vorpalz) and Seb, and decided to go for it. the price is to good to pass up and i don't think ill see a deal like that again for new parts. Nick hooked me up with brackets to make it fit on the z32 and i gave it a shot.
Everything shipped out on Monday Aug 22 and everything arrived at my door today, Thursday Aug 25, 4 days to ship from AZ to northern Alberta. WOW. i was very surprised. thanks UPS
anyways on to the pictures.
Once all the boxes arrived

The pile of boxes after getting everything out to bask in its beauty

Before with the wheels on, i have no idea what my offsets are, the wheels were on it when i bought it.
how small the brakes look.
Front

Back

and the after. It looks awesome, i cant wait to try it out. but that wont be until next summer.
Back

Front

Everything moves smoothly there isn't any resistance when moving the wheels, and the ebrake still works. but there was a warning letter included that did state that if the ebrake is used to stop you do risk cracking the housing on the rotor. its not meant to be used while the vehicle is in motion.

The kit Ive installed is a ST40 front caliper with 355x32 rotors and stoptech pads, the back is a ST45 caliper with 355x32 rotors and i believe Porsche pads (that's what the instructions called them)

For anyone else interested in doing this BBK upgrade
here is the link to the group buy on CZP website La-Z-Link

The kit Ive installed is a ST40 front caliper with 355x32 rotors and stoptech pads, the back is a ST45 caliper with 355x32 rotor and i believe Porsche pads (that's what the instructions called them)
thanks for reading and sorry for the blurry pictures, I am using the selfie camera on my phone. I am hard on electronics.

And for anyone wondering what happened to my z during the "dynopolusa" in Edmonton. bad headwork caused my motor to go, valve guides were all tight and a couple valves stuck down, but don't worry the piston pushed them back up. motor is currently at a reputable machine shop in Edmonton and they are currently fixing the problems with the heads and doing a bore and hone on the block. I'll be back and running next spring.
I am using the down time to rebuild my transmission so it stops grinding between 1-2 and repaint a few things in the engine compartment. Just cleaning a few things up a little bit better for a more tidy engine bay.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.