TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I just did a muffler delete myself this summer.
People Seeking Info

Subject I just did a muffler delete myself this summer.

Posted by Spectrum (WI) on August 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 615 times.

In Reply To My valvetronic 300zx exhaust video posted by volcomstone550 on August 21, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Message It used to be a B&B 2.5 with X pipe and resonators with their standard dual muffler setup. All that's left to reduce noise is the resonators and X pipe. It is absolutely the Best sound I have heard in a long time. I think the secret is the X pipe. It somehow changes the sound just enough so id doesn't sound so raspy vs an H pipe setup. I would describe the sound a mix between a European car and a race car. On the road daily driving its no problem because I kept the resonators.

I am not sure if its a placebo effect withe the extra noise but I noticed much better low end response, real snappy throttle response, top end seems to have improved as well. Will know for sure next month. Dyno.

If any of you have X pipe exhausts on your vehicle just unbolt and remove the mufflers and take it for a spin. You will not be disappointed. Warning, be prepared to be noticed. Every ricer out there will now want to race you. I kid you not, just about everything wants to race me on the interstate. Rice, bikes, Corvettes, 5.0 slows, you name it. Its quite entertaining actually......

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.