TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Best E85 route to max my Sport 530s?
People Seeking Info

Subject Best E85 route to max my Sport 530s?

Posted by Stanky on August 14, 2016 at 11:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 643 times.

Message Trying to go about this the most affordable way possible.. Really got 2 options, and I'm not quite sure which one to go with. Biggest factors is ECU type and injector selection, Current setup is Stock w/nistune and 615cc Nismos. Will need the Ethonal content gauge, new rubber, and a walbro 485 regardless which route I decide to take.

1.)SZ Map switcher with tunes ~$650 with E10,E20,E30 etc up to E85
- Our pump 94 with 20% ethonal has allowed many cars to run 20- 25psi safely, so i figure I would actually only need about 20% ethonal to max the 530s, but only a dyno tune will tell. This route should also allow me to keep my 615s injectors and not upgrade to 740s or top feed.
- Would still like to get each Ethonal portion dyno tuned by SZ next year in Edmonton even though I'm sure they send great maps

2.) Haltech
- Clearly the "better" way of going about it. Take the money for the Map switcher and tunes, plus selling the stock ECU, 2 MAFs, Selin kit etc and it seems like I would be close to the PNP haltech?
- Tuning costs will be more
- Full flex system would probably lead to to get 740cc and sell the 615s

If you can max your turbos at say, for example, E20 or E30, is there any benefit in going up higher to E85? Can timing be even more aggressive at E85?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.