TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Bought a TT Z now im screwed
People Seeking Info

Subject Bought a TT Z now im screwed

Posted by akingweb on July 01, 2016 at 2:11 AM
  This message has been viewed 842 times.

Message Greetings, Im not sure what i should do here, so i am reaching out for help and advice. Here is the story:

I purchased a 1990 tt z with a salvage title, before my purchase i inspected the car, and talked to the seller about what the issues were. He stated it was hit on the front passenger side, all necessary repairs were made and passed inspection as a salvage title (Tennessee). I looked at the car and saw where the repairs were made, and everything looks in order. I drove the car from Nashville to Atlanta and made the trip fine, no issue, and was a fun drive! I dragged my feet on registering the car, but when i finally came around to it. It did not pass Georgia inspection, I took the car to Z1 Motorsport and they showed me under the car where the frame buckled. It drove fine, didnt sway off alignment so i would have never thought this was the case. So now i have a delima, i have a good looking running z that i cannot register, and will cost way to much to fix the frame. On the other hand, buying a shell and moving all the components over would be a costly nightmare. If i had a time machine, i would go back and tell myself not to purchase, but i had no idea.

What would you do in this situation??

Any help and suggestions would be great!

Thank you for reading, sorry its so long!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.