TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm 6'3" and loved the space in my 2+2
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm 6'3" and loved the space in my 2+2

Posted by BlackholeZ on June 30, 2016 at 2:53 AM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

In Reply To Tall Driver - Driver's seat options posted by SlicktopZ on June 29, 2016 at 09:59 PM

Message I've got a 34" inseam. Matt Farah also mentioned while driving my 2+2 that he fit much better than he did in the coupe. I don't know his inseam though...

I like being close to the wheel, and not having to point my toe to push in the clutch. With the power driver's seat I was able to nail the position. Back of the seat all the way down, front full up, a few inches forward of all the way back and the back fairly upright. Perfect.
Until I tried to put on a helmet. With a helmet on, I was constantly pressed against the TTops. Also, the rearview mirror was exactly where road names and building addresses were, so I had to duck/lean to see when I was looking for them.
I ended up getting a Corbeau A4 from a friend and making a custom fixed mount for it. I'm probably 2-3" lower, and haven't noticed the TTops at all while autocrossing anymore. Not sure I'd recommend the A4 to you though, I believe it's built for fairly slim drivers. Seats are definitely one of those (like helmets) that you need to try sitting in a lot of them before choosing.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.