TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - BC stands for Bring Cash
People Seeking Info

Subject BC stands for Bring Cash

Posted by fuzzymonkey on June 29, 2016 at 1:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 413 times.

In Reply To SZR. Any members who live in Vancouver BC? posted by white22sky on June 27, 2016 at 02:04 PM

Message We don't joke about how expensive it is. We take every opportunity to criticize real estate, so if you want to spark some good conversation, ask anyone about real estate:

[ http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/01/86-year-old-point-grey-house-listed-2-million/ ]

We are also the supercar capital of North America. Quite often, you'll find these cars with a green 'N' magnet on the back, signifying a new driver. Probably their high school graduation present. Your Z32 is not a super car. It's your pride, and your pride alone.

[ http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/01/vancouver-supercar-capital-north-america/ ]

The car scene here is next to nothing. The modder type scene is mostly non-existent. Plenty of RHD JDM imports, but the main pusher for the car scene are the exotics and they are EVERYWHERE. Makes it hard to find girls to marry when all they want are sexy rich men, and they outnumber you.

Do all the touristy things and get used to the colour green. We have trees and lots of it. If you're renting a vehicle, the one thing I HIGHLY recommend doing is driving up the "Sea to Sky" Highway. It doesn't matter how many times I've driven it, it still takes my breath away. Take the highway up to Whistler (where half of the olympics were held) which is a tad over an hours drive from downtown. Get used to doing outdoor activities. There are bike lanes EVERYWHERE. Traffic is 2nd worst in North America for average travel time to work during rush hour. Largest population in the world of people actively practising Yoga outside of India (yup, those lululemon pants you thank God for is head-quartered here). Transit is adequate, but there's always people who complain. Car insurance is horrid. I pay ~$160 a month for my Z with very basic coverages. In early spring, you can go snowboarding and then drive 30 minutes and go to the beach.

Job market is "good" **depending on the industry** (oil and gas is in the shitters, and with the recent fire in Fort McMurray, many residents have moved out here and taken what jobs were left in oil and gas), but the salaries are lower here as compared to other Canadian cities such as Toronto or Montreal.

If your motive behind the question is to move here, send me an email. I can elaborate much more.

At the end of the day, utilize your USD and come visit at least. I guarantee that when you see what I am privileged to see every day, you'll want to move here...and then you'll realize how expensive it is and frown.

It's much prettier (in my opinion) in the winter. Doesn't snow often (it only did for about 4 hours this past winter, and when it does actually snow, it sticks on the ground for 2-3 days and it's gone). The view of the mountains on a frosty day is out of this world.

People are nice here, and you'll get annoyed by it. Except Porsche drivers. They're assholes everywhere in the world.

Learn what a double-double is.

Enjoy your coffee. Vancouver is 2nd in the world of most consumed cups of coffee per person per day. (1st, Seattle. Must be the rain?).

It rains a lot here in the winter, but it's usually just a drizzle. Never really pours so nothing like the London like many people compare the weather to. You won't need an umbrella to walk from the car to the shopping centre.

The rest of BC is a whole other beast and it NEVER gets old.

Oh, and fuel here is a ripoff.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.