TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Fast turn signal problem goes away by itself
People Seeking Info

Subject Fast turn signal problem goes away by itself

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on June 27, 2016 at 10:08 AM
  This message has been viewed 427 times.

Message I’ve had the “fast turn signal” problem in the past that has since fixed itself –definitely a first for me!

You’d expect that the problem was a burned out bulb somewhere in the system or I had a wrong spec bulb. Neither was the case and the problem existed with the left turn signal only AND only with the headlights on. There was no problem during the daytime. To diagnose the problem I switched all the left bulbs to the right side and visa versa but the problem prevailed on the left side only.

I determined the lamp/wiring system was good as far forward as the intersection with the fuse box but didn’t diagnose the problem further. The problem has since gone away on its own which leads me to believe there’s something going on inside the sensitive blinker relay itself. As these cars are getting older some of the electrical components themselves are starting to get finicky. I’ve concluded this extrapolating off of Ash’s explanation of how that system works (linked here).

Just figured I’d mention it here in case someone else has a similar issue, or if someone would like to add or refute my explanation and provide additional insight.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.