TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Should I buy new and bigger turbos?
People Seeking Info

Subject Should I buy new and bigger turbos?

Posted by stryker14 on May 21, 2016 at 11:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 276 times.

Message Turbo advice. Should I buy upgraded turbos? If so which ones?

Engine is a JDM that has been stripped to the block. Bored to 87.5mm, Wiesco pistons, stock rods, ARP rod bolts, OEM Main and head bolts, ACL race bearings, crank weights welded and components balanced, Nismo 615 injectors, Single pop charger, Z1 intercoolers (standard, not BAs) stock manifolds, mostly stock piping, and will run high flow cats and and Greedy SP1 2.5in exhaust. N/A Diff. I have Z1 4 bolt downpipes on order but can change if necessary. Walbro 255 pump. I have the stock turbos that came with the engine.

The car is a 93 convertible. I do not plan on this being a drag car, just a fun car to drive around and maybe do the occasional autocross day.

If I buy new turbos I'd like them to spool quickly. I don't need ridiculous HP. But I also have been advised that I will want more than what the stock ones can provide and even more HP as time goes on. I do want reliability and quality. I do not want to buy any turbos that require me to buy any more parts with the exception of changing to a 5 bolt downpipe.

Which if any turbos should I buy? Also, any comments on Z1 packages vs JWT?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.