TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well, we've moved from solvents to catalyzed
People Seeking Info

Subject Well, we've moved from solvents to catalyzed

Posted by Goldchocobo on May 20, 2016 at 12:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 362 times.

In Reply To applying more clearcoat is hardly the technical innovation posted by Antihero on May 19, 2016 at 11:42 PM

Message so there's that... Nothing spectacular though. It's hard to improve on the existing crosslinked poly paints that is now the standard. I'm guessing some sort of futuristic, carbon based paint is next (think graphine), but that's just sci fi at the moment.

Upper scale manufactures (any supercar, luxury car) have paint that's absolutely superior to anything else. Some high end 80's Mercedes out there still have perfect OEM paint. It's amazing, really.

Japanese manufactures have, generally speaking, awful paint. Especially Suburu. I can easily dent new Suburu paint with my fingernail. Newer Nissan paint isn't much better either. Only the GTR's paint is "pretty good" (it's the only Nissan vehicle that gets a proper wetsand/buff at the factory). GM comes next, with "decent" paint, and the Euro cars seem to have the best paint.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.