TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I've never offered these to the public.
People Seeking Info

Subject I've never offered these to the public.

Posted by MegaZ on April 26, 2016 at 2:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 428 times.

In Reply To Thanks for the correction:) (n/m) posted by itsa300zx on April 26, 2016 at 01:08 PM

Message Back in 2008, a WingZ customer gave me a link to a set of TBS covers made by blacksc which utilized only one TB hole. He asked me if I could fab a pair for him to match his polished SS WingZ. I used the same sheet metal I use for the WingZ and made a tab on the back side that abuts the TB for extra strength. I warned him of the possibility of interference with the TB function. My concern was not with fatigue, but negligence of the owner in maybe resting something on top of them while working under the hood.

The set I made for myself has been on my car for 8 years with no issues. I have only made them for friends and special requests. ZSpec bought several sets, but I made sure Chris brought the issue to his customers' attention. I'm sure they are safe, but since I am a judge and see the possible liability issues, I have avoided making them generally available.

I had mine on my car at the 2008 ZDayZ, where Joe saw them. I told him then that I did not intend to make them part of my line-up, and he asked if I minded if he made a version. I commend him on his PSA and recall of all that he made.

ZSpec will have a new version this summer. It is based on my design, but is very similar to those offered by ZThirtyTwo.com

Stage XII 1991 Z32TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.