TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - There's a difference between weight and response
People Seeking Info

Subject There's a difference between weight and response

Posted by BlackholeZ on February 16, 2016 at 2:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 370 times.

In Reply To Just seems like so much more wheel and tire to turn posted by Polish on February 15, 2016 at 04:24 PM

Message What Matt's talking about is that as you start to turn the wheel, the amount of response you get from the car is not directly proportional. As you start to turn the wheel, bushings that were not loaded or were loaded differently shift and load up before you get direct outputs. With fresher/stiffer bushings or spherical bearings you minimize or remove the response delay. Unfortunately tightening things up usually also equates to a harsher ride more NVH transmitted to the cabin.

For spirited driving, the Z definitely needs help keeping the front end in check. There's a lot of mass up there being thrown around and in stock trim we get a lot of understeer. Running a 275 up front along with the arms/bushings I have has really brought the front into check, and has highlighted issues I need to address in the back now.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.