TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I've seen that kit, wasn't crazy about it either
People Seeking Info

Subject I've seen that kit, wasn't crazy about it either

Posted by EM.TT on February 14, 2016 at 3:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 326 times.

In Reply To Actually posted by DualZ (SF) on February 14, 2016 at 02:36 PM

Message I don't like that his brackets rotate the caliper below horizontal (I'm picky with that stuff), otherwise it looks ok from what I remember.

When you said top hat I was thinking top mounts for a coilover set-up, my bad. For the hats though, I did some research on alloys, thicknesses, and other general info, and the hardest part about making them would just be getting an 8" (roughly) cylinder of solid 6061-T6. The rear hats would be a bit tricky with the parking brake, but the fronts would be easy.

I would probably end up making hats for readily available 13" rotors (for all the people with Z1's kit), as well as the 370z 14" rotors in stock sizing, and then whatever offset we would want for those rotors with the Cayenne/Touareg/Q6 6-pots to accommodate our swap. I'm just worried that the spacing for the hardware on each rotor will be different. I'll dig around and see what I can find for specs.

We could likely get them anodized too, I'm pretty sure you can buy kits that aren't too costly.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.