TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - So I've been looking through craigslist lately..
People Seeking Info

Subject So I've been looking through craigslist lately..

Posted by dogpile on February 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 645 times.

Message Right now I have 35 tabs open of just Z32s in the DFW area. "Luckily" most are complete shit boxes, the wrong color, or 2+2s, so there's no real temptation. But then I get to the 3 or 4 cars that call my name.

Odd observations:
I noticed there are at least 2 cars that the seller claims are TTs with NA motors. Interior pics show NA clusters, one car has NA front bumper, one only has half a front bumper. Do people assume that if it has a spoiler it was a TT at one point? I don't get it.

A few "Runs great. Has a rod knock." Rod knock and runs great should not be used to describe the same motor in my book. 2. I know it could only have a single rod knocking, but "a rod knock" cracks me up.

Prices are all over the damn map. 1990 165k mile auto 2+2 that's beat to hell? $8000 firm. 1995 105k mile 5-speed TT in rather decent condition? $6000 OBO.

People have VASTLY different ideas of what "good condition" means. It's absurd what pepole claim is a clean car. "Recent car show winner. Has hail damage on hood and roof. Drivers seat ripped. Fender needs paint. Super clean car." Uh..you just listed 4 things that contradict you.

But, on the bright side, there ARE some good looking cars out there. So maybe once I unturbo the FRS and turn it back in next month I'll find something.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.