TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 6th Street Viaduct, Los Angeles shoot before demolition
People Seeking Info

Subject 6th Street Viaduct, Los Angeles shoot before demolition

Posted by iceman601 on February 07, 2016 at 3:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 1156 times.

Message Took me a while to find the exact location of the entrance to the viaduct/LA River that is under the 6th Street bridge. Luckily I found it 2 weeks before, as the bridge was brought down today. A lot of movies were filmed up and around this bridge, the most known ones are Grease, SWAT, Repo Man, Terminator, and a whole lot more. Pretty awesome place, but its not for lowered cars, or a friendly place to go about alone.

Entrance of the tunnel....all around the area and behind those walls are taken up by the homeless.

Light at the end of the tunnel. This is just before I scrapped my cats going down and dodging numerous pot holes.

Here is a better picture showing the angle of the drop. Shopping cart adds to cool factor =D. There is also a second obstacle to fight at the bottom of the drop, the splitter took some scratches but I think it was worth it.

In and roaming around. Pic is from zQuikonE, brought him along as he was the muscle.

6th street bridge up top.

About to go skinny dipping.

Facing 7th street bridge.

More water than usual due to previous week of rain.

The bridge was built in 1932 and is now deemed unsafe due to an alkali-silica reaction, thus the demolition.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.