TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Thanks for the compliments folks...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Thanks for the compliments folks...

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on February 05, 2016 at 9:53 AM
  This message has been viewed 358 times.

In Reply To Thanks for the compliments folks... posted by CameronSF on February 04, 2016 at 04:58 PM

Message I know the 80% thing. I retired the Green Queen from track use and built Z-Lab for that reason.

Just looks like PCV dump which is normal after a (long) LH turn if your setup resembles the OEM config. If you're not boosting stupid levels you should be fine.

Randy is a hell of a driver... it's cool he drove your buddy's car.

Generally speaking the active wheel work is because he's working the tip of the traction curve for the tires. The rest of us non pro types try to stay to the 'left' side of the curve so we have some reserve at the peak and the downhill side to keep control of the car. Randy is prone to shrinking this reserve because of his skill level. As Ted pointed out, car conditions might make this worse, as would a rough track (how much of the wheel motion is his input vs. the car's feedback). I do find it amusing that he appears to have his left elbow on the window sill most of the time.

I'd love to drive Lemons/Chumpcar sometime, it's just never been in the cards for me. Looks like a lot of fun with the traffic and expectation of some contact.

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.