TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Well in short, simple, clean, efficient. The underside
People Seeking Info

Subject Well in short, simple, clean, efficient. The underside

Posted by white22sky on November 29, 2015 at 8:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 579 times.

In Reply To Awesome work so far, what is the overall plan? (n/m) posted by Dallas DamonZ on November 29, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Message Will be stripped, seam welded, re-coated and lizard skinned. The chassis members will be foam filled and then the top side seam welded. I'm going for light weight strength but not a dedicated track car, though it will see several track days.

A small idea of the direction I'm going.
The main body harness has been deloomed, depinned and rewrapped. I did this to remove the harness portions for items no longer used. So far I've shaved 13.3 lbs in wiring alone just from the main cabin harness. The door harnesses are next and then Ill move on to the EFI and second body harness.

Some Pics...give you a small taste of where I'm headed.

I was able to get the dash support down to 7.85 lbs
I also had it wrinkle finished by my PC guy....my OCD

I created these brackets from cored CF to save some more weight.

I cut the center out of the support bracket and bent the side inwards which will later be tacked into place. This also saved a few ounces while retaining the support it originally did.

Desmonds waiting for PC

Ti hardware

Everything is test fitted and run on my other Z to ensure proper fitment and operational intention. The harnesses for example have been running on there for over a year.

" I told my son, you have to catch the football other wise this
just
looks like child abuse." - My brother

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.