TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Slick top Build Part 1.....
People Seeking Info

Subject Slick top Build Part 1.....

Posted by white22sky on November 28, 2015 at 6:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 1328 times.

Message Good evening fellow members,

I wanted to share the adventure from start to finish on my slick top build. This is a small intro to the start of that.

One evening in July this year I put an offer in for $400.00 on a 91 slick top on ebay. I woke up the following morning to find the offer was accepted. I hadn't really expected it to be and was somewhat surprised as was my wife when I told her I bought another Z and HEY its in Georgia. Its about 16hrs from here to there. Maybe surprised wasn't the right word to describe her reaction :)

None the less we set plans up to head down at months end. We packed up the Sequoia and trailer and hit the road. The trip went as planned and came back a week later with my new project...

Welcome home

Tear down
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj546/acgilbertson/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/IMAG0520_zpssvc9kesu.jpg

The usual rats nest

My son removing the PS hard lines

...and the clutch lines

Dropped the rear diff and subframe

and the front.

Stripped the interior.

Shes straight!! Before I went any further I wanted to make sure this car was as straight as it should be. I also did all of the under body measurements.

Found some additional work I'll need to correct.

Something I had been thinking about doing for awhile....my OCD kicked in and I decided I would need to attack the underside of the car as well.

Completely stripped car not a single piece left on it and getting ready to get it on its side.

My older brother giving me the okay after he did some last checks before we tipped her.

Thanks to my brothers and all of you who have inspired me along the way or lent a hand. This is the start of my project and hopefully it will inspire someone else. Pass it on.

Part 2 coming soon.

" I told my son, you have to catch the football other wise this
just
looks like child abuse." - My brother

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.