TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes it's not exactly as simple, but look at the basics
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes it's not exactly as simple, but look at the basics

Posted by BlackholeZ on November 27, 2015 at 1:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 431 times.

In Reply To I would certainly agree that a lateral increase posted by en5 on November 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Message Unless you change how much weight each wheel sees, you will have a constant normal force at the contact patch. Now divide that force by the contact patch area. In order to increase the contact patch area, you have to lower the pressure at the tire/pavement interface. This is why drag slicks are run at such low pressure.

Yes there's a lot more to do with it, but a lot of the increase in width is to gain lateral stability for cornering. Compound makes a much bigger difference than width for ultimate traction.

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.