TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm actually going to take a step back and say
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm actually going to take a step back and say

Posted by en5 on November 26, 2015 at 8:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 354 times.

In Reply To It's not quite as simple as that posted by BlackholeZ on November 25, 2015 at 01:39 PM

Message It's almost as simple as that. Yes there are going to be additional factors that come into play but if larger tires provide no tangible benefit why are people running more than say 195 width on any car?

Whether it's a drag car, GT car, F1 car, really any sort of performance oriented vehicle... It's pretty obvious that there is a benefit to increased size (with points of diminishing returns, clearly) but I'll need to see some sort of evidence that increased size has no translation into increased contact area.

I'm really not trying to call you or anyone out but I have only been seeing anecdotal statements with little or no reasoning or explanations behind them (besides the troll that's always linking to the brake bias calculator as if he makes money on it per click, we get it : you feel strongly about brake bias). I'd be very interested in seeing some of the data behind the claims.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.