TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Advise Needed On Choosing AP Racing Bake kit for the z?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Advise Needed On Choosing AP Racing Bake kit for the z?

Posted by Bigwill837 on November 25, 2015 at 12:34 AM
  This message has been viewed 512 times.

In Reply To Advise Needed On Choosing AP Racing Bake kit for the z? posted by zxnazx(tt) on November 24, 2015 at 09:14 PM

Message Back in 2012, I purchased a full 4-wheel AP Racing Brake kit from Stillen. I got the AP1145 14.25" with slotted rotors in the front, and AP1150 13" kit for the rear.

At the time, I wanted the biggest baddest brake kit offered for the Z32. Stillen is the only direct dealer for AP Racing, so I purchased through them. Since my purchase, I've been a little disappointed. First, the kit came with the wrong size fasteners to mount to the hub. They were too large. They also screwed up the stainless braided lines, and included the wrong fittings. Stolen eventually got the fasteners and brake lines sorted out, but it took a couple of weeks.

Although the kit stops exceptionally well, brake fluid occasionally weeps out of the bleeders on the front calipers. I torqued them to spec, but it still leaks. Not a huge deal. But for the price, they ought to be perfect.

If I were you, I'd shop around for a different brake kit. If I had to do it over, I'd probably go Akebono or StopTech.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.