TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Nope, but talked to many that have. My cousin use to race
People Seeking Info

Subject Nope, but talked to many that have. My cousin use to race

Posted by MixManMash on October 16, 2015 at 11:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

In Reply To Have you driven a 911? posted by OverZealous (CT) on October 16, 2015 at 09:41 PM

Message professionally before passing away, and spent lots of time in 911s, from street cars (930, 993, 996, 997 chassis) to full on GT3 cup cars. He owned and operated a shop that was into modifying Porsche 911s.

I can tell you that with a 350Z and G35, you've got modern chassis technology in your favor. You could put a pile of money into a 300ZX and you're still working with the limitations of the old chassis technology, not to mention the added weight of the VG engine up front. The VQ long block is lighter than a VG short block. That definitely accounts for some difference in the handling dynamics. I've seen stock 350Z and G35s put down better times at an auto-x than a 300ZX with suspension upgrades. Even under the hands of the same driver. Simply put, the G35/350Z is an easier car to drive fast through the curves on a road course. The 300ZX really makes you work to drive fast on a road course, through the curves. And I'm sure a newer 370Z and G37 is even better on the road course. Heck, I have seen stock 370Zs put better times than stock and modded 350Zs. Of course, the 370Z has its own issues with fuel starvation on road courses.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.