TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hello TT.net!
People Seeking Info

Subject Hello TT.net!

Posted by JNaZtt on October 14, 2015 at 4:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 661 times.

Message I've been lurking for the past 13 years.
Now seemed as good a time as any to introduce myself.

I purchased my Z in 2004 as a rolling chassis from (wait for it...) George at boost solutions in north GA. It was the "shop car". 105,900 on the odometer.
I purchased a front clip from a company named Jarco and had the shop install it. 52k km on the engine, 5 speed tranny, and turbos. New harnesses, 60k service, and all the little bits and pieces to make it a DD.
I got suspicious whenever the date for me to pick up my car kept getting pushed back. And pushed back. I was promised he would drive the vehicle to me in Savannah the next weekend. That did not happen. The following weekend, I rented a trailer and drove up to his shop.
Lo and behold, it would be ready in 2 hours. I was so happy to get my car I did not think much about it. I had to buy a tire before I left the Atlanta area in order to drive the four hours back to Savannah. Warning bells, anyone?

I didn't realize how lucky I was until a month or so later.

Mr. Marinov left North Georgia. He had taken online orders for parts from people from around North America. He never provided the parts, instead stealing their money. He gutted a customers Evo, placing all parts in his personal vehicle. He even did not pay his employees for the last month of work. Then he vanished.
I've had my Z (hookers and blow) since 2004. Without TT.net, I never would have been able to own or maintain the car I love/hate today. I feel I know a great deal of you, and have probably purchase something from you in the past. Currently 128,439 miles and counting.
So hi, and thank you all for keeping the Z community well and alive.

And yes, I use search.

-Justin
'92 slicktop TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.