TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - When I watched the video the first thing that came to mind
People Seeking Info

Subject When I watched the video the first thing that came to mind

Posted by Spectrum (WI) on October 11, 2015 at 11:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 418 times.

In Reply To Re: You need to be more specific, "Porsches", old, new? posted by OverZealous (CT) on October 11, 2015 at 02:28 PM

Message is he was probably on the gas to early off the apex or the person did not anticipate turbo inducted oversteer. The video does not explain what I was experiencing. Remember I said initial turn in. I will explain my previous mistakes so you can learn from them.

Its all about weight transfer when trying to negotiate turns. What I was doing wrong was mashing on the brakes hard and then completely letting off to start my turn. I basically unloaded the front suspension which reduces the amount of grip potential to go fast. I know it seems unnatural to keep the brakes on when turning but you need to practice it to be faster. When I mean keep the brakes activated pretend you connect a string from the steering wheel and the brake pedal, As you start turning you should be unloading the brakes at approximately the same rate.

Using data collection can help you get accurate feedback on your progress. This what I used, very useful tool.

AiM Solo Lap Timer

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.