TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I guess to clarify on the pros and cons...
People Seeking Info

Subject I guess to clarify on the pros and cons...

Posted by en5 on October 09, 2015 at 7:49 AM
  This message has been viewed 508 times.

In Reply To Olde Tyme Lincoln Navigator posted by en5 on October 09, 2015 at 07:30 AM

Message I average 12 mpg, highway it sees around 15 so I can go 400 miles on a tank which is pretty decent.

We frequently use all rows between going out with my wife, kid, her parents and her grandparents - so functionally that's nice.

This is the model before they started coming out with the L series which is a bit longer (my only regret). The trunk with the 3rd row up is pretty lacking, but there is at least some room for bags/coolers/etc.

With the seats down it's pretty roomy, you can fit a full size mattress in the back, or standard appliances - fridge, dishwasher/washing machine/dryer.

It mostly shares the same parts as the same gen Ford Expedition, so parts are cheap and readily available.

Cons is going to be gas mileage, the air bag suspension system is prone to failure and are usually replaced with shocks/springs and the aforementioned maintenance. The driver's side rear valves are notorious for failing, it had a slight miss when I bought it and thought it was a coil pack or fouled plug or whatever and went ahead with the purchase. Turns out for whatever reason the driver's side bank rear cylinder valves lose their seal (probably due to heat) over time and require service. I was able to pick up a remanufactured cylinder head for $400 delivered.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.