TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - These are the 17Zs which take some (questionable?) modding
People Seeking Info

Subject These are the 17Zs which take some (questionable?) modding

Posted by en5 on September 01, 2015 at 4:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 735 times.

In Reply To That's a great kit, not sure why you'd get hate. (n/m) posted by BigTDogg (MA) on September 01, 2015 at 04:32 PM

Message To make it fit, but for < $300 shipped for the pair of calipers... It's hard to resist (please note you still need crossover tubes which will run you like $40-60 depending on where you source them).

We'll see how it goes, if it's not for me I don't think I'll be out too much if any.

There are a few "issues" with this setup from what I've seen and it's going to come down to personal preference (see: money). The adapters I've been seeing at are designed for the 370Z 355mm rotors as noted above, but these 17Z calipers were originally designed for 330mm rotors, but also accept the 18Z pads which were designed for a 350mm rotor - so you've sort of got a mish-mosh going with specs.

The Mitsubishi Evo X (forgot what year range) runs a 350mm rotor (good) with a 32mm thickness (also good) and a 5x114.3 bolt pattern (also also good) but the center bore I think is a 69mm vs the Z32 62mm (not 100% on these specs, just going off memory) so a centering ring/spacer would probably be a good idea if not required, but probably means little or no modification to the caliper plus the correct pad sweep. The current adapters are designed on the 355mm rotor so it would put the caliper too far out for that rotor even if you didn't need to run that spacer.

Anyway, I'm a long ways away from having these installed (bought my 2+2 not thaaat long ago but need to sell my 2+0 N/A and find a donor to TT swap the 2+2 so yeah, nothing soon), so who knows what options there will be when that day comes.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.