TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 99/00 Version S seats installed.
People Seeking Info

Subject 99/00 Version S seats installed.

Posted by Zeke21 on August 30, 2015 at 1:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 3273 times.

Message Finally decided to purchase a set of these seats. For those that do not know, they are 99/00 Version S seats. This particular set came from a 2000 model with supposedly 20K miles. Version S seats are manual cloth seats. For the 99/00 models Nissan redesigned the seat material and colors. Prior they were all one color - gray.

I have always loved the way these seats looked but wasn't sure whether I could go to a cloth seat. I had passed on one nice set about three years ago for this reason and only saw a few single seats for sale since then. Further, those I do find they're usually in rough shape, either worn so bad they have wear holes, cigarette burns, the black netted fabric is ripped showing only the red, or they are heavily soiled in who knows what...sweat, water, stains I have no clue but they look gross. I would not pay the cost of shipping on these unless I was getting a mint or near mint set.

In the future I might try picking up a JDM powered drivers seat. Then have the Version S covers removed and placed on the power JDM seat and my spare USDM powered seat. This will also get me the full range of adjust-ability that is currently lacking as I'm using what is the JDM passenger seat as my drivers seat...so I feel like I sit a little flat. Right now it's not bad but only time will tell as I drive the car some more.

I had some concerns prior to receiving them that the gray color on the seats would not match or even go well with the later model suede trim. I was pleasantly surprised to find they go extremely well.

Anyway onto some photos!

The seats go nicely with my Version R steering wheel and shift knob.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.