TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - So tall guy and helmet fit
People Seeking Info

Subject So tall guy and helmet fit

Posted by BlackholeZ on August 29, 2015 at 8:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 460 times.

Message I went trying on helmets today and while I was able to find a nice Bell that was comfortable, nothing fit on my head in the car. I sit fairly uptight and close enough to the wheel to have a good bend in my elbow. I could lean the seat back a bit more, but I don't really want to do that. I'm 31, so I don't think I'm going to start getting shorter any time soon, so I need to figure out a way to lower my seat. I've got friends that have installed aftermarket seats to accomplish this, but I kind of like the stock seats. I'm trying to figure out what to do.

-It's still my DD, so they need to be comfortable. I have no clue about brands and models that would fit the bill.
-I don't want to have to get a removable wheel to be able to get in and out.
-Aftermarket seats would make it possible to get a harness for autox/track, but the seat would have to still work with the stock belts for DD.
-I'm still a student, and price is an object. If I were to get a seat, It'd be used, and probably replacing only the driver's seat.
-Has anyone looked into lowering the stock seat?

Discuss/Suggestions?

-Dan
VTC Solenoid Caps and install instructions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.