TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: They've already ruined the pathfinder.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: They've already ruined the pathfinder.

Posted by SMZ1 on August 28, 2015 at 8:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 534 times.

In Reply To They've already ruined the pathfinder. (n/m) posted by Josher on August 28, 2015 at 07:10 AM

Message Having owned a 2003 xterra and 2005 pathfinder I have to say there is nothing that can replace a truck based suv other than another truck-based suv! I replaced my pathfinder with a current generation 4runner which is a superior product any day. Not to knock current Nissan trucks, I have a NV3500 Passenger van which is superior to any domestic or Euro offering bar none! I only wish Nissan knew how to market this vehicle built right in the U.S. Sales have not been a success to say the least. Unfortunately the majority of consumers want the image of a truck but the driving dynamics and decent fuel mileage of a car. As girly-man as they look and feel, it's what sells for now. The car industry is in bad shape, don't let the record sales numbers fool you. These are a majority of (liar loans), sub prime just as they did and continue to do in the housing market. We all know how that ended...or did it? Auto loans are defaulting after just 2 months! There is and will be a flood of used/repo'd cars for many years to come plus the customer base is all tapped out. Generation Y either can't afford to buy a car or have no interest in them according to the experts. What else could they do to shoot themselves in the foot, oh I hear cheap Chinese imports(knockoffs) are coming. Nothing but bad times ahead for the auto industry, no doubt bankruptcies and consolidations are on their way. Their are way too many players with the same tired products, add a global recession/depression and it's not a pretty ending.
On a brighter note our classic Z's should benefit from the lack of respectable attainable sports cars and increase in value. We've already started to see this with the 240.

Just my 2 cents CDN.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.