TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I understand your desire to get into tuning
People Seeking Info

Subject I understand your desire to get into tuning

Posted by ZXRider on August 26, 2015 at 12:32 AM
  This message has been viewed 247 times.

In Reply To They're running an AEM posted by BlackholeZ on August 25, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Message but I'm looking at it from the aspect of manpower and getting the best overall ranking possible. You can have the best tuned engine, but if the car doesn't survive the endurance event, you won't place in the top 20.

We ran, and still continue to run the R6 engine. My year, we put down 73 hp and 39 ft-lbs of torque with the stock ECU and the Power Commander. This is with the 20mm restrictor, a machined TB and an intake manifold with velocity stacks. Stock fuel rail, stock injectors, stock fuel dampner and filter.

FSAE West at Lincoln is dominated with aero, which are significantly faster than teams without aero. I looked up the results, and it appears that 48th place overall in 2012 is the best SDSU has placed at Lincoln, and looking at the individual event scores there are a lot of improvements that can be made.

If I could do it again, I would make the simplest, most robust car possible within our budget and capability, focus on aerodynamics along with significant amount of time on testing before the event.

Anywho, that's just my 2 cents. I know someone with you the skill set and knowledge such as yourself will have no problem figuring out the standalone. Best of luck.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.