TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Amateur Z presents: DynoPaloOza 2015!!!
People Seeking Info

Subject Amateur Z presents: DynoPaloOza 2015!!!

Posted by vorpalZ on August 25, 2015 at 6:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 1368 times.

Message Featuring Greg:

Seb:

GTRJeff & VorpalZ feat/ MixManMash:

Special Guest Appearance by the Hippychix:

And a rotating lineup throughout the weekend:

GTR Jeff's Twin Turbo 350Z:

Before & After Dyno Chart:

MixMan's GTX powered '93:

4 tunes: 91, 94 VP109 & Q16:

Holy sheetballs!!

Next up, my mild mannered '90... Selin intake, 3" DP 3- 2.5 TP and the Stillen catback that came with it, and a little boost:

Perfectly respectable Stage III Gentleman's Tourer:

After a little prodding, GTR Jeff got the bug to dyno the 2012 Black Ed.:

Which necessitated removing the front driveshaft & rear diffuser:

The GTR was flashed with ECUTek and tuned, no other mods from the stock base pull to the final:

That's with tuning alone over the Nissan stock maps... and ECUTek adds a pile of cool features to the GTR. Rolling launch control, oh my...

Dem shoes, Seb, dem shoes:

Onto Ed's blacked-out 370Z, no turbos, but also ECUTek tuned:

Decent gains over the stock Nissan 370Z maps, but again it's all about the ECUTek features added, launch control, no lift-shift... etc:

Sammy's twin Greddy turbo G35C:

Excellent gains over the shitty tune he had in there:

Jack's elegant 370Z with our local Boosted Performance twin-scroll custom turbo kit:

Tune was pig-rich, and some more power was gained, but TQ kept around 400 for safety on the stock rods:

Winner of the 'Maximum Stickers' award... Jason's TT 'vert was up next:

Also a nice gain on Z1 600's:

OK, who's next?!? Stanky!!

He packed his no-ethanol Chevron 94 all the way from Vancouver:

Stylin JDM award to Brady with his 3071 powered RHD... first TwinZ front bumper I've personally seen:

Tuned on 94 & Q16... had some wastegate issues... still:

Gurdeep's back again this year with the correct mods on his '93:

And with some timing issues, he still smacked down 700 on the Sport 700's on Q16:

Darcy's twin GTM kit on a 370Z... very similar to the kit we installed in my brother's 350Z back in 2012:

with pretty similar results:

Pretty much exactly what my brother put down two years ago on 94.

Now, the prettiest 370Z I was waiting for, Stephen's 2015 Nismo 370Z with twin-scroll Boosted Performance kit:

... was unfortunately the problem-child... boost controller not working despite a committee effort:

Result? Not much you can do at wastegate spring level but even things out a bit:

A splash of wild_maxx's Yellow Pearl Glow to liven things up:

Nice improvement there:

Landon had his Stillen Supercharged 370Z... still in experimental phase:

As a result of dual MAF's in the same airstream maxing out, AF couldn't be controlled past about 5500 RPM... back to the drawing board:

And the OG surprise of the weekend, the original factory Turbonetics 350Z from 2003:

As featured in many magazines back in the day. Cleaned up a bad tune and ended up with a bit over the Turbonetics 365 HP advertised when new:

Unfortunately, small piping kills the big power, and this will be all it can make on this setup.

But the finest moment of the weekend was the ceremonial awarding of the Amateur Z shirt to Greg for misidentifing the correct orientation of the stock boost hose pipes on a TT:

Shirt detail:

Seb batted 1000 all weekend, don't worry, you will earn yours!

Another excellent event... 5th year running. Thanks to Mixman & GTR Jeff for helping out all 5 days, and to the SZ crew for continuing to return to the frozen north.

Cheers,

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.