TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - lol, I see what you mean.
People Seeking Info

Subject lol, I see what you mean.

Posted by Zeke21 on July 29, 2015 at 9:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 559 times.

In Reply To Strictly my opinion, but I like my headlights. To me, the posted by Zuberman on July 29, 2015 at 03:48 AM

Message Took me a while to get used to mine. I like them now.

But with this set, if successful, it wont look like Xenons, they will have the standard looking assemblies but with the Xenon projector inside and the aiming motor still working. That is the goal anyway. That Xenon projector is amazing...IMO it really is a high quality projector and produces excellent light.

Here is an old photo taken from behind the wheel from when I first installed them. I need to get a new photo from this perspective with my 99/00 cluster in.

As a note, the bezels inside this used set of Xenons are actually deteriorating. The chrome on them is cracking and flaking off. I've actually seen this on quite a number of used sets in Japan. I've never heard of anyone here having an issue like this. I'm not sure if there was simply a bad batch produced or if prolong use and extreme temps helped contribute to this defect. Either way it sucks for such an expensive piece. I also discovered in the used set I picked up, aftermarket HID bulbs. I don't know why - the OEM bulbs are fantastic. The aftermarket bulbs were blue in color and made by Raybrig. After looking up some info on this bulb it appears it is 85V 35W and 5,000K. OEM is a Phillips 12V 35W and 4200k. Could the aftermarket bulbs have helped contribute to this...IDK.

I believe the Xenon projector is actually larger than the halogen. This time around I will be measuring both with certainty. I quickly measured the Xenon when I originally performed my cut off correction on my first set and found it to be close to 3 inches. I've read the halogen projector is 2.5 inches but I'll confirm this when I get there. If I can't get the bezel from the halogen assembly to sit right with the Xenon projector I may be forced to use the bezels from the Xenon's. If that is the case they will need to be refinished...either by redoing the chrome or simply painting them in black or something. I kind of want them to look more like the original Euro headlights but with the power of the Xenons so painting black my be the way to go.

I'm sure I'll open both of these up and find all kinds of other problems I'll have to solve to try and make this work. LOL.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.