TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Safelight update since other thread is locked
People Seeking Info

Subject Safelight update since other thread is locked

Posted by PiotrC70 on July 28, 2015 at 7:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 656 times.

Message First off, if you're going to have Safelite replace, going into the shop as opposed to mobile is a better guarantee that you'll have someone with a few years experience, not still learning. That being said...

I already had everything removed for the tech and provided him both upper moldings that come with the vert along with bottom window spacers. He didn't have any issue getting the old glass out or the new in. First impressions are that the windshield was flawless looking forward and through the side. It wasn't until a few blocks away however that I noticed 2 ~3" circles touching each other as if ripples in the glass. I brought it back and they will be ordering another windhsield. Also, he couldn't seem to get the main rounded modling flush with the window/roofline but was told by both the tech and manager that they settle/shrink a little.

All this doesn't matter now because they'll have to replace the windshield. I was told they should be able to reuse the molding which I sure as hell hope so because 1 is $70 while the other is $30 to 2 stupid strips of rubber. Their molding looked nearly identical but didn't have the same shine and was more matte.

I'll keep you all updated.

1993 TT. R.I.P. 09.15.2010

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.