TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Project Ultimate Z32 Headlight
People Seeking Info

Subject Project Ultimate Z32 Headlight

Posted by Zeke21 on July 28, 2015 at 10:45 AM
  This message has been viewed 2176 times.

Message In the coming weeks I'm planning to start a new small project just for the fun of it. I recently picked up a set of used Xenon headlights and plan to use the projectors and various other parts for transplanting into a set of LHD Euro spec electronic aiming (vertical axis) headlights I've had for some time now. I'm not sure how or even if this will work but going to give it a shot.

I've taken apart the set of Xenon's currently on my Z to correct the cut off but never really seen the insides of a JDM halogen headlight (most euro spec headlights appear to be the same as JDM with the exception of those that have the aiming motors on the rear of the housing). I've looked through a few photos online of the JDM units opened and it looks like I might be able to make this work...but we'll see.

Having used the OEM Xenon headlights for years I've found they're really a nice headlamp. The projector inside is really nice and thought it would be a great upgrade to perform with the euro spec aiming headlight...which has a neat electronic vertical aiming motor controlled by a switch inside the car.

Anyway I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.