TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 4 wheels with tires, each pumped up with air, each box with
People Seeking Info

Subject 4 wheels with tires, each pumped up with air, each box with

Posted by Zuberman on July 05, 2015 at 9:21 AM
  This message has been viewed 445 times.

In Reply To Are you sure the shipping was $329.71 ? (n/m) posted by ForceFedTT (SoCal) on July 04, 2015 at 03:21 PM

Message packing, wheel/tire, box weighed 47 lbs each, UPS ground from Englewood, CO to Tallahassee, FL. I haven't bothered to check with UPS to see what the shipping costs should be. Tread depth = 8/32" and the new tread depth is 10/32" for these tires.
Courtesy Nissan, Richardson, TX wants $24.61 to ship JUST the wheel UPS ground without even knowing where I am, and I don't know if they would pack it nice with a box (?)
Jason didn't have time to even remove the wheel weights and that's fine with me (why have to go through the trouble of re-balancing?), and why ask him to go through that or any other extra trouble such as packing them up himself when he's giving the wheels to me..........with tires. He dropped them off to UPS and that's probably what I would do, too, if I was giving something away. I have three and a half jobs now, and I just don't have any time anymore. I haven't been able to do anything with my Z for weeks :(
The point is he is just trying to "pay-it-forward" by giving me wheels, and I told him I want to pay for the shipping cuz it's the least I can do in the face of charity.
Something worth noting is that the two new tires I just got on my own original set got LARGE wheel-weights, but the wheel-weights on the wheels Jason sent are TINY in comparison, so that MIGHT be an indicator that these wheels are literally in better shape.
Something else worth noting: Courtesy Parts wants $44.31 plus $9.75 USPS shipping for ONE center-cap. I now have FOUR, plus my originals, one of which has a crack in one of the plastic tabs making it loose. I was going to have to plastic-weld it but now I don't have to fool with it.
I hope maybe this helps explain things.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.