TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Haltech Platinum pro boost control decision.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Haltech Platinum pro boost control decision.

Posted by Bigwill837 on July 02, 2015 at 10:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 537 times.

In Reply To Haltech Platinum pro boost control decision. posted by MeatMan on July 01, 2015 at 03:08 PM

Message For the most part, I agree with all of the replies. It is nice to have all of the car's systems controlled by one computer. I just have a couple comments to add:

1) A separate boost controller is nice because it has it's own interface. The buttons, presets, and display are all contained within the boost control display. I'm sure Haltech could display everything that a boost controller can display (and much more), but you would have to fabricate the buttons, knobs, display, or whatever you choose, from scratch. And then program it.

2) I'm not sure about the Blitz controller, but many boost controllers have closed loop features. I know the Go-Fast Bits G Force II has closed loop boost correction. Another nice feature is that GFB already has all the programming and algorithms worked out. Again, the Haltech can probably do this too, you just have to set it up.

3) The computer system adjusting parameters automatically based on fuel, elevation, traction, etc. is very nice, but I like to be able to control boost manually, independent of outside conditions. Again, you can totally do this with the Haltech, you just have to set it up.

Hope this helps.

All that being said, I am still undecided if I will run a separate boost controller with my Haltech on my personal car.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.