TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Thank you for the post - 99331 SKF Speedi-Sleeve Updatez
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Thank you for the post - 99331 SKF Speedi-Sleeve Updatez

Posted by ThisIsSparTTa on May 31, 2015 at 12:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 370 times.

In Reply To Thank you for the post - 99331 SKF Speedi-Sleeve Updatez posted by OverZealous (CT) on May 29, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Message Well, it actually turned out to not be the RMS after we did a smoke test, but I had oil coming out into the transmission. Turned out it was the oil pan seal, but the sleeve stayed on anyways.

Mine definitely wasn't touching that rear bearing, it should leave plenty of clearance once it is flush with the front of the crankshaft surface.

I didn't do anything to the RMS to get it over the sleeve except practice a lot more patience.

Good luck with using the flywheel, just remember to move quickly. They do say to use RTV between the sleeve and crankshaft, so you don't want it to get too set.

Overall, mine worked fine. We had to remove it off the crankshaft yesterday as we were tearing down the shortblock after my hydrolock that bent 2 rods (ugh). Everything looked fine after ~5k miles and 2 track days.

Good luck, and hopefully mine + your notes helps someone else in the future.

99331 SKF Speedi Sleeve 99331 SKF Speedi-Sleeve 99331 SKF Speedi Sleeve 99331 SKF Speedi-Sleeve 99331 SKF Speedi Sleeve 99331 SKF Speedi-Sleeve

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.